Key facts about the Battle of Bean's Station.
- December 14, 1863
- Grainger County, Tennessee
Principal Union Commanders
- Brigadier General J.M. Shackelford
Principal Confederate Commanders
- Lieutenant General James Longstreet
Union Forces Engaged
- Army of the Ohio
Confederate Forces Engaged
- Confederate Forces in East Tennessee
Number of Union Soldiers Engaged
- Roughly 4,000
Number of Confederate Soldiers Engaged
Estimated Union Casualties
- 700 (killed, wounded, missing, or captured)
Estimated Confederate Casualties
- 900 (killed, wounded, missing, or captured)
- Confederate victory
- The last major engagement of Confederate Lieutenant General James Longstreet’s Knoxville Campaign.
Timeline of the Knoxville Campaign
These are the main battles and events of the Knoxville Campaign in order.