- Daniel Harris Reynolds
- December 14, 1832
- Centerburg, Ohio
- Amos and Sophia (Houck) Reynolds
- Ohio Wesleyan University
- Military officer
- Brigadier General (CSA)
- Martha Wallace (1868)
Place of Death:
- Lake Village, Arkansas
Date of Death:
- March 14, 1902
Place of Burial:
- Lake Village Cemetery, Lake Village, Arkansas
- Daniel Reynolds studied at Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Daniel Reynolds studied law privately in Louisa County, Iowa, and Somerville, Tennessee.
- Daniel Reynolds was admitted to the bar in 1858, he established a legal practice in Lake Village, Arkansas.
- When the Civil War began, Daniel Reynolds raised a cavalry company called the “Chicot Rangers,” and was elected as its captain on May 25, 1861.
- Daniel Reynolds was commissioned in the Confederate Army as captain of Company A of the 1st Arkansas Mounted Rifles on June 14, 1861.
- Daniel Reynolds participated in the Battle of Wilson’s Creek (August 10, 1861) and the Battle of Pea Ridge (March 7–8, 1862).
- Daniel Reynolds and his regiment were transferred to the Army of Tennessee in the spring of 1862.
- Daniel Reynolds was promoted to major on April 14, 1862.
- Daniel Reynolds was promoted to lieutenant colonel on May 1, 1862.
- Daniel Reynolds was promoted to and colonel of the First Arkansas Mounted Rifles on November 17, 1863 (effective September 20).
- Daniel Reynolds was promoted to brigadier general on March 12, 1864, effective March 5.
- After his promotion to brigadier general, Daniel Reynolds commanded “Reynolds’ Arkansas Brigade,” composed of the First and Second Arkansas Mounted Rifles (dismounted); the Fourth, Ninth, Twenty-fifth and Thirty-first Arkansas Infantry regiments and the Fourth Arkansas Infantry Battalion.
- In the Atlanta campaign, Daniel Reynolds defeated Brigadier General Hugh Judson Kilpatrick at the Battle of Lovejoy Station (August 20, 1864).
- During the Battle of Bentonville (March 19, 1865), Daniel Reynolds was severely wounded and his left leg was later amputated.
- When the Civil War ended, Daniel Reynolds resumed his law practice in Lake Village, Arkansas.
- Daniel Reynolds served as a state senator for Ashley, Chicot, and Drew counties, from 1866 to 1867.
- Daniel Reynolds married Martha Wallace on November 24, 1868, and raised five children.
- Daniel Reynolds died in Lake Village, Arkansas on March 14, 1902.