Information We Collect and How We Use It
We may collect and process the following data about you.
Information You Give Us
Generally, this includes information that you may submit via a contact form or membership registration, such as your name, your email address, your telephone number and comments that you may provide. We do not store details on credit cards and we do not share information with any third parties.
We use this information to:
- Provide you with information on other goods and services we offer that are similar to any that you have already purchased from us, inquired about or that we think you might have interest in.
- Notify you about changes to our service.
- Notify you about updates to the website.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and the devices that you use to visit the site.
- Display advertising to you when you visit our site.
Information Automatically Collected When You Visit Our Site
This generally includes technical information about the device and browser you are using, and information about your visit, including how long you are on the site and the pages that you visit.
We use this information to:
- Administer our site and for internal operations.
- Improve our site.
- Allow you to participate in certain features that we provide, if you choose to participate.
- Help us keep the site safe and secure, to the best of our ability.
- Measure the effectiveness and understand the impact of advertising.
- Deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Make suggestions or recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
Information We Receive from Other Sources
We may receive information from you if you visit other sites that we operate or services that we provide. We may combine this information with the information that you provide us through this website in order to meet the objectives identified in the above.
Storage and Security of Your Personal Data and Information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have done our best to put security measure in place to safeguard and secure the information that we collect and process.
Despite these efforts, the transmission of information via the internet and devices connected to the internet or other networks is not always completely secure. Although we will do the best we can to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is done at your own risk.
Our computers and the server where this site resides are currently based in the United States, so your personal data will be processed by us in the United States where data protection and privacy regulations may not be as stringent or offer the same level of protection as other countries in other parts of the world, such as the European Union (EU). If you visit and use our site from outside of the United States, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information within the United States, according to U.S. data protection and privacy regulations.
You may have access to your personal information that we are in possession of to correct, amend or delete information where it is inaccurate, with these exceptions:
- Where the burden or expense of providing access would be greater than the risks to your privacy.
- Providing access would put the information of others at risk.
- Providing access would put other persons at risk.
Disclosing Your Information
We will not disclose or share your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with the following circumstances.
We may disclose your personal information to another party if we have your specific consent to do so.
If you register for a webinar or any other activity that is co-sponsored by another company we may share your information with that company.
Third Party Services
We will share personal information if we believe, in good faith, that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is necessary to:
- Comply with any law, regulation, legal process or enforceable government request.
- Enforce the applicable Terms of Service or any of our other agreements with you, including investigation of potential breaches.
- Detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against hard to the rights, property or safety of third parties, our users, customers and the general public, as required or permitted by law.
If we or this website is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to a third party.
If you would like to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes, please contact us.
If you would like to “opt-out” of advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) website to learn more.
Public Disclosure of Information
We are not responsible for anything that may happen if you post public information on this site. All information that you disclose in your public profile, forums, blogs, comments, issue queues or other public portions of this site becomes public information.
Links to Other Websites
This website contains hundreds of links to other websites. We have made our best effort to provide links that we believe are worthy. However, we cannot guarantee the safety of the websites that we link to, nor can we control their privacy policies. Please use caution when visiting links outside of AmericanHistoryCentral.com. If you believe that we have linked to a website that is suspicious or dangerous, please notify us immediately. Please use caution when you visit any of these sites and make sure that you review their privacy policies.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
R.Squared Communications, LLC does not sell user data to third parties.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. If you do not want us to use your personal information for marketing purposes, please notify us immediately.